Monday, August 24, 2009

Next Customer

This next customer reminds me of the story my husband told of a doctor on East Broadway in Danville years ago. My husband had something wrong with one eye, so he came for a visit with the doctor. The doctor’s waiting room was on the front porch with every seat taken. You didn’t check in at the desk or even take a number. It was on the honor system. You looked around at each patient and they looked around and then at you. The first to arrive was the first appointment then as that one came back the next one went in and so forth. Well, it was finally my husband’s turn after watching that entry door and by then he knew who was behind him. The doctor treated his eye and said, “That will be a $1.00.” My husband questioned him about the $1.00 and such a bargain and his trust was beginning to weaken. But the good doctor said, “Don’t worry; I’ll make it up on your uncle.” And my husband was lucky too that my Dad was not the next customer.

Ma Ma June

No comments:

Post a Comment